Saturday, February 25, 2012

Healthy Eating

One advantage Scout will always have over Jackson is her exposure to healthy foods during her infant and toddler years.  Scout was breastfed, and I made ALL of her food.  I LOVE the fact that she was exposed to avocados, roasted red peppers, goat cheese and chickpeas at an early age.  I truly believe her exposure to a variety of fresh, nutritious food has made her a more adventurous eater.  She enjoys eating green food and frequently grabs vegetables off of my plate!

With a two-year-old and eight-year-old, I am always looking for ways to improve my health and energy level.  I exercise on a regular basis, and I try to eat well, but I am totally an emotional eater.  I eat when I am happy, sad, excited (I think that you get the picture).  And with Easter right around the corner, I am tempted by my all time favorite candy treat! 

I LOVE you Mini Eggs...


That is why I am participating in Emilie's Clean Food Challenge.  Basically, the challenge is a cleanse for your body.  I will not consume dairy, sugar, alcohol, gluten or processed food.  You may be wondering  what the heck is left to eat?  I will eat LOTS of vegetables, fruits, lean proteins, non-gluten-containing grains and drink a TON of water.  

Prepping for this challenge has turned my kitchen upside down.  I woke up bright and early this morning to make an awesome veggie stew (with chicken),  almond carrot body rock balls, pear cashew cream, and kohlrabi chips.  


Roasted Kohlrabi
                                                                

Kohlrabi Chips
Scout "Helping" Mommy


To keep myself honest, I will try to post a little meal recap each day.  Let the challenge begin!


PS Goodbye Starbucks, I still love you, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Scout Loves Comments!