Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Apology Letter

Dear Family,
      I am sorry that I SUCK at being a mother (Sorry, honey, because this blog is for Scout, I am listing mother first) and wife.  Specifically, I am sorry that for the past two night I have not made dinner, I missed Scout's first pee on the potty and my child was the last child to be picked up from daycare today. I will not be winning any parenting awards this year. 
Love,
Your tired and overwhelmed mother & wife


PS Starbucks I still love you and miss you.

And now for the Clean Food Challenge Update: Day 3 & still going strong????  
I'm not sure about the strong part, but doing the challenge with a friend, Stacy, and blogging about the experience is keeping me on track and honest.  Yesterday and today,  I would have eaten anything, if given the opportunity.  However, my commitment to the challenge kept me focused and probably saved me a few hundred thousand extra calories.

Breakfast: Banana & Larabar
Snack: Almonds & apples slices
Lunch: Cheesy Quinoa w/ chickpeas & spinach (Again, made by Stacy. You may be asking yourself what I would do without Stacy's food?)  Stacy got the recipe from Chelsey's blog.
Dinner: Veggie/chicken soup and Mary's Gone Crackers
Dessert: Cashew pear "ice cream"
Water: 50 oz (I know that it is pitiful!  I am going to try to drink as much as I can before bed.)

I LOVE cashew pear "ice cream,"so I thought that I should share the recipe.  It is totally clean and raw.

Ingredients:
1 cup raw cashews
1 diced pear
1 or 2 Tablespoons of water
1 vanilla bean

Directions:
Finely chop the cashews in a food processor.  Add in the diced pear and water.  Process until smooth.  Scrape and add the innards of the vanilla bean, and process until incorporated fully.  At this point, I usually freeze the "ice cream" for a couple of hours before eating. YUMMY!

1 comment:

  1. Jill, I know you are not fishing for compliments here, but you don't suck. Trying to balance it all is not an easy task! As for the food, your soup was delicious (lunch today) and the ice cream was a great treat last night. I may have even snuck in a carrot cake ball before dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete

Scout Loves Comments!